An Evening with Viet Thanh Nguyen
Friday, Sept. 15, 2017 | 6:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. | $10
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED
This public event with Viet Thanh Nguyen, Pulitzer Prize-winning author of “The Sympathizer,” will explore how we remember war and its many dimensions.
What does it take to remember the human loss and inhuman acts felt on all sides in the aftermath of war? And what is our role in creating a just memory of war within contemporary discourse? In an engaging discussion with acclaimed Minnesota author Kao Kalia Yang, Nguyen will address these and other themes from his book “Nothing Ever Dies: Vietnam and the Memory of War.”
Reception and book signing to follow
ASL interpretation services will be provided
Do you have a promo code? Contact Kirk MacKinnon Morrow at firstname.lastname@example.org for information on where to register.
If you are unable to attend an event, a substitute may take your place at no additional cost (you are responsible for making financial arrangements with your substitute), or you may request a refund.
Email email@example.com to submit the name of the substitute or to request a refund.
- Cancellations received more than 10 days before the event will incur a 20% cancellation fee unless a registration/payment transfer to any of our upcoming workshops or events is requested. If a workshop is of greater value than the initial workshop, you must pay the difference.
- Transfer requests received more than 10 days before the event will not incur a cancellation fee.
- Transfer credit must be used within 12 months or the full amount is forfeited.
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 days before the event will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- We are unable to provide refunds for registrations cancelled less than 5 days before the event.
The cancellation fees cover the cost of event materials, meals, and other related arrangements.
Refunds will be issued within 5 business days of cancellation notice.