Minneapolis – Learning from Place: Días de Muertos on Lake Street
Saturday, October 23 | 9:00 am–12:00 pm
Engage your senses through art, storytelling, and food as you build on your cultural understanding and awareness of Minnesota’s Latino, Latina, and Latinx communities during this immersive and interactive place-based experience along Lake Street in Minneapolis. Deepen your knowledge about the art and traditions of Días de Muertos, as well as the evolving history of this cultural business corridor.
The tour will begin at CLUES in Minneapolis where participants will engage in various arts and culture experiences and then travel along Lake Street to view murals and visit several small Latino-owned businesses.
This Learning from Place experience is a collaboration with CLUES (Comunidades Latinas Unidas en Servicio)
To enhance your learning experience, we encourage you to attend the online Cultural Education Forum: The Art and Traditions of Días de Muertos on October 9.
- Space is limited to 45 participants
- Participants will be walking and traveling by bus (or personal vehicle if preferred)
- Masks will be required at indoor spaces and during the bus tour
- Participants are encouraged to purchase food and patron the small businesses that they learn about (some vendors may only take cash)
- Minnesota’s Latino, Latina, and Latinx community members are welcome to register using promo code DDM2021 to waive the fee if they wish
K-12 educators will receive 3 clock hours.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED