Final Days to Apply for 2018 Educator Institute
The fourth annual Educator Institute will take place June 17-22 at the Minnesota Humanities Center in St. Paul. Participants will experience the transformative power of the Humanities Center’s four core values through discussion and immersive experiences that build stronger relationships for student engagement and achievement. Follow-up activities and ongoing support will take place later in the summer and during the 2018-19 school year.
Educator Institute participants will come away with:
- Expanded capacities to relate across worldviews and ways of knowing
- Strengthened relationships and shared vision among colleagues
- Strategies, resources, and classroom materials to implement in daily practice
- A network of educators across Minnesota committed to relationship-based educational change
- A self-designed Action Plan for bringing absent narratives into the classroom
We welcome educators representing a wide variety of student-facing roles, grade levels, and subject areas including: classroom teachers, paraprofessionals, administrative and support staff, and community educators.
Applications are being accepted until March 15, 2018.
“[The Minnesota] Humanities Center is feeding the whole teacher spirit. It models how we need to feed the whole student.”
– A. Lyga, Roseville Area Schools, 2017 Educator Institute participant