WRITE on RACE to be RIGHT on RACE ™
From passive non-racism to active anti-racism
About This Program
Minnesota communities are grappling with understanding and dismantling systemic racism. The Minnesota Humanities Center and Love & Struggle are partnering to help regional hubs develop action plans to create a more just society. Using the WRITE on RACE to be RIGHT on RACE™ framework participants will learn about past, present, and future impacts of race in our communities. Reflect through journal writing and build understanding with your community members by storytelling and sharing. Develop action plans to move your community from passive non-racism to active anti-racism.
This program will be a mix of in-person and virtual gatherings.
This program seeks to:
- Builds greater awareness of the construct of race,
- Brings clarity around the deep intentionality of race to create inequities,
- Strengthens one’s commitment to racial justice and anti-racist existences,
- Increases participants’ knowledge of race, racism, anti-Blackness and its many iterations in our society,
- Improve participants’ capacity to have racially-conscious and race-centered dialogue, relationships, and communities, and
- Allows for the development of anti-racist action plans for their community.
WRITE on RACE
Past, present, future of race and social impacts of race
Race and criminal justice
Race and education
Race and income
RIGHT on RACE
Virtual Offerings Guiding Standards of Engagement
- Sign in to the offering 10 minutes before the start time.
- Be engaged with the facilitators and activities throughout the entire session to enjoy the process of learning and discovering!
- If you have a camera, please keep your camera on during the offering unless otherwise directed by the facilitators.
Please check your junk, clutter, or spam folders so you don’t miss our emails about this offering!
The Minnesota Humanities Center is committed to removing barriers to participation in all of its programs. If you are experiencing a barrier that you think we can assist you with, please let us know.