America's Secret War: A Multimedia Workshop
Saturday, Nov. 23, 2019 | 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. | $90*
*If cost is a barrier, please contact Jessica Rust before registering. Includes 7 clock hours for educators, continental breakfast, lunch, and materials.
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED
About the Workshop
Engage all five senses while immersed in Hmong culture, storytelling, food, and tradition
Join MHC and TPT for a multimedia workshop designed to empower you to use the TPT documentary, “America’s Secret War,” and companion toolkit to bring this important history into your classroom. Designed by educators for educators in collaboration with MHC and TPT, these tools will spark dialog, encourage critical thinking and exploration, and will build deeper understanding about the Secret War’s link to the Vietnam War, Veteran and refugee experiences, and Hmong identity and culture today.
- Hmong community members, including Lee Pao Xiong, director of the Center for Hmong Studies at Concordia University
- Educators who developed the toolkit
“Minnesota Remembers Vietnam: America's Secret War”
In the shadows of the Vietnam War, the CIA conducted a secret war in Laos that relied on Hmong soldiers to prevent the threat of communism from spreading deeper into Southeast Asia. Tens of thousands died, both in the fight and in the escape.
Cancellation Policy: If you are unable to attend an event, a substitute may take your place at no additional cost (you are responsible for making financial arrangements with your substitute), or you may request a refund. Email email@example.com to submit the name of the substitute or to request a refund.
- Cancellations received more than 10 days before the event will incur a 20% cancellation fee unless a registration/payment transfer to any of our upcoming workshops or events is requested. If a workshop is of greater value than the initial workshop, you must pay the difference.
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 days before the event will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- We are unable to provide refunds for registrations cancelled less than 5 days before the event.
- You can only transfer your registration to the same event on a different date as long as notification is received more than two weeks from the original event date, and the event occurs within the same fiscal year (Nov. – Oct.).
Cancellation fees cover the cost of event materials, meals, and other related arrangements which were made in advance of the event. We try to make our cancellation policy as flexible and generous as possible, but it is critical that we honor our policy in order for our organization to continue to thrive. Thank you for your understanding.
In the event that MHC cancels your workshop, you will receive a 100% refund. Refunds will be issued within 5 business days of cancellation notice.