Increase Engagement Through Absent Narratives
Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2018 | 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | $90*
8 clock hours
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED
The Minnesota Humanities Center’s foundational workshop, Increase Engagement Through Absent Narratives, serves as an introduction to the core strategies and concepts of the Humanities Center’s approach to community engagement through absent narratives—those voices or stories often left out or marginalized.
Designed for people from backgrounds ranging from education to government to community leadership, workshop participants will exchange insights through personal stories, conversations, and guided reflections. While drawing upon their own experiences, participants will practice strategies that will help them engage others with respect and empathy.
“It’s time to construct new narratives and add them to the many varied, diverse perspectives that exist already — we need to interact with a diverse, globalized world as it currently is.”—Participant
The Minnesota Humanities Center partners with organizations to offer this workshop as a one-day, two-day or multiple session engagement for groups of 20-45. Fees apply. Please contact Sung Ja Shin, 651-772-4255, firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are unable to attend an event, a substitute may take your place at no additional cost (you are responsible for making financial arrangements with your substitute), or you may request a refund.
Email email@example.com to submit the name of the substitute or to request a refund.
- Cancellations received more than 10 days before the event will incur a 20% cancellation fee unless a registration/payment transfer to any of our upcoming workshops or events is requested. If a workshop is of greater value than the initial workshop, you must pay the difference.
- Transfer requests received more than 10 days before the event will not incur a cancellation fee.
- Transfer credit must be used within 12 months or the full amount is forfeited.
- Cancellations received between 5 and 10 days before the event will incur a 50% cancellation fee.
- We are unable to provide refunds for registrations cancelled less than 5 days before the event.
The cancellation fees cover the cost of event materials, meals, and other related arrangements.
Refunds will be issued within 5 business days of cancellation notice.