OPS - Partner Schools
School Action Team
The School Action Team (SAT) is a collaborative professional learning community for educators from partner schools. SAT members work together to enhance relationships, conduct action research, refine practices, and share successes. Each monthly SAT meeting features a unique professional development opportunity for partner schools, which members can then take back to their buildings.
2019-2020 School Year
Dates: Tuesdays, Sept. 24, Oct. 29, and Dec. 3, 2019, Jan. 28, Feb. 18, March 31, and April 28, 2020
Time: 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Location: Kroc Center
School Liaisons support partner schools by acting as on-site consultants for the Education Strategy, organizing School Action Team meetings, and providing unifying connections between partner schools and the Humanities Center. As former educators, they put their extensive connections and positive reputations to work in their assigned schools to activate Education Strategy approaches and strengthen everyday practices.
Want to become a partner school?
Partnership is open to all OPS schools. The prerequisites for deeper involvement are that your school:
- Has a track record of participation in Minnesota Humanities Center offerings
- Has leadership who is interested and engaged
- Has expressed a desire to become a partner
- Can appoint 2-3 School Action Team (SAT) members to attend SAT meetings 7 times per year
- Can identify time and space for School Liaisons to interact with school leaders, SAT members, and staff
- Can facilitate open staff participation in Education Strategy opportunities
“…you know that we’re all on the same page. That’s why I think [the Humanities Center is] so different and why so many people are still engaging with them. Because they have found solutions and strategies. And we do see our test scores going up, and our staff members more engaged. We see our students more engaged. We see lower failure rates. So I think that’s what we see that’s working so well.” — Participant