OPS - Partner Schools
School Action Team
The School Action Team (SAT) is a collaborative professional learning community for educators from partner schools. SAT members work together to enhance relationships, conduct action research, refine practices, and share successes. Each monthly SAT meeting features a unique professional development opportunity for partner schools, which members can then take back to their buildings.
School Liaisons support partner schools by acting as on-site consultants for the Education Strategy, organizing School Action Team meetings, and providing unifying connections between partner schools and the Humanities Center. As former educators, they put their extensive connections and positive reputations to work in their assigned schools to activate Education Strategy approaches and strengthen everyday practices.
Want to become a partner school?
Partnership is open to all OPS schools. The prerequisites for deeper involvement are that your school:
- Has a track record of participation in Minnesota Humanities Center offerings
- Has leadership who is interested and engaged
- Has expressed a desire to become a partner
- Can appoint 2-3 School Action Team (SAT) members to attend SAT meetings 7 times per year
- Can identify time and space for School Liaisons to interact with school leaders, SAT members, and staff
- Can facilitate open staff participation in Education Strategy opportunities