Request for Proposal: Animator/Media Artist
The Minnesota Humanities Center (MHC) and our partners are seeking an animator or media artist to create a video illustration for Jim Rock’s story of how Dakota values and lifeways are connected to the Water, Earth, and Cosmos.
The video illustration will support “We Are Water MN,” a traveling exhibit and community engagement program of MHC and our partners the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency, the Minnesota Historical Society, and the Minnesota Departments of Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources. “We Are Water MN” tells Minnesota’s water stories collaboratively, bringing together personal narratives, historical content, and scientific information. Combining these ways of knowing water strengthens Minnesotans’ relationships with and responsibilities to water.
This video illustration will join the collection of video stories that are already a part of the “We Are Water MN” exhibit.
MHC is a statewide nonprofit and full-service event center located in St. Paul, Minnesota. We collaborate with organizations and people through education, partnerships, and public programs to inspire community conversations, forge deep connections, and illuminate authentic, diverse voices across the state — especially those left out, marginalized, or otherwise absent from our education and public awareness.
- Submissions will be accepted by email from February 1, 2019 at 9:00AM CDT until February 14, 2019 at 11:59PM CDT. Any submission made prior to or after the entry period will not be considered.
- All submissions must be made via email to program officer Jennifer Tonko at firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject line “Request for animator/media artist.” Please include the following information in your submission:
- Two-four samples of your previous work (no more than 10 minutes of samples combined)—this may be by attachment or link
- Your biography and/or resume—this may be by attachment, link, or within the text of your email
- A brief statement about your intention/hopes for the finished piece (no more than 2,000 characters).
- Your desired fee for the work.
- Your proposed timeline for the work.
- All applicants will be contacted about their submissions in by February 21.
Because this story is about Dakota lifeways, preference will be given to Dakota artists for this work.